Service Desk Instructions
Using the Service Desk system gets your issue to the correct support person faster. The questions ensure that we get the information we need up front so we can serve you better. The same people are still here serving your needs on a ticket and we will still come to your office or talk to you on the phone. It also gives all of us a history of your issue. You can watch a 5 minute video on how to use the SSTS Service Desk. You may have to login to view the video.
Overview of SSTS Service Desk
A Jira Service Desk request for help, or a ticket, can be submitted at jira.uwo.ca/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/36. There is a link to it from all of our web pages. It is most easily found on our home page in the tile:
The Service Desk screen looks like the image below:
- The top section will have any announcements or important links for relevant help topics.
- Enter a keyword in the Search bar to find ticket types that might be appropriate.
- My open requests lists any open tickets that you might have. You can click on these to open and respond to the ticket. Note that the ticket status is shown at the far right.
- You can select from our basic Create a Service Desk Ticket or choose from any of our common ticket types.
- You can drill down under Request Type to find an appropriate ticket request type for your issue.
Choosing a specific request type ensures that you answer all the questions that we need in order to assist you with your issue. It's still okay to simply use the standard Create a Service Desk Ticket option.
You can share a ticket with anyone on your team as long as those people have previously logged into the Jira system. After you Create a ticket, the summary view of your ticket will be displayed. You will see an option to Share in the right column. You can click Share at any time during the life of your ticket.
If you don't see their name, you can ask them to login to https://jira.uwo.ca and then they will be in the system.