Student Printing Moves to PaperCut

Posted August 31, 2015

All Student printing has moved to PaperCut. This includes printing in Social Science labs, as well as Genlabs and printing and copying in all Western Libraries. PaperCut does not use the old Graphic Services debit cards. Instead, you deposit money into an account that is associated with your Western username. When you print, you log onto a Release Station with your Western username and your PaperCut account is debited when your print job is released.

How do I add money to my PaperCut Account?

With the new system, you can load money onto your account using a Visa or MasterCard. Login to and choose Add Credit from the left menut. Your username and balance will be displayed. Choose the Amount to add from the drop down list. You will be transferred to a secure payment site that accepts Visa and MasterCard to complete your payment.

Do I have to use a Credit Card?

If you wish to pay with cash, you can purchase a "gift card" from any Western Library location. Login to and choose Redeem Card from the left menu. Enter the number from the gift card to transfer that balance into your account.

What do I do with my old debit card?

If you still have value on a Graphic Services debit card, bring it to the Administrative Services office in Weldon Library, Room 201 to have your balance transferred to your PaperCut account. The office is open weekdays from 9 AM to 4 PM. Balance transfers will be made between September 1st and October 31st.

For more information on printing, see our Student Printing page.