Updated February 1, 2021
Modern Authentication will be required for email access starting February 2, 2021. An email application must support Modern Authentication in order to work with Western's Office 365 email and it is necessary for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Some of you may be using MFA with Office 365 already as you volunteered to be an early adopter prior to the global pandemic which disrupted this project.
Who is affected?
- If you are already using Multi-Factor Authentication successfully with Office 365, then you will not be affected.
- If you only use the web application at MyOffice.uwo.ca to access your email, then you will not be affected.
- If you are using Outlook or another email application, please see below.
- If you are using email on your phone or tablet, please see below.
Email Program Compatibility
- Outlook users should be running Outlook 2016 or greater, or Outlook 365.++
- Mac Mail users should be running Mac OS 10.14 or later
- Thunderbird must be 77.0b1 or later
- Android or iOS devices are recommended to use the Outlook App
- Native Mail App on iPad/iPhone should be running iOS 11 or later
- Other IMAP clients must support OAuth2
++ If you have Office 2013 on your home or laptop computer, see the training video on Microsoft Stream at Watch 'Wts Tech Tips MA' | Microsoft Stream to see how to uninstall Office 2013 and install Office 365 (logon required). For computers on the Social Science Network, Office 2016 can be installed from S:\Add-Remove Programs > Install a program from the network.
For details and setup information see wts.uwo.ca/office_365/email/email_client_compatibility.html.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local IT support person.
Note: If your email client does not work after February 2, 2021, you can access your email by going to MyOffice.uwo.ca.