Microsoft Campus Agreement
The University of Western Ontario has enrolled in the Microsoft Campus Agreement which grants qualifying faculty, staff and graduate student members access to certain Microsoft products for their academic and research use. The Microsoft Campus Agreement is administered by WTS and renewed by July 1st each year. The agreement allows licensed software products to be installed on:
- University owned equipment.
- Computers Located in Student Labs.
- Microsoft Campus Agreement software cannot be installed on personally owned computers even if they are used for work purposes.
Currently, all part-time and full-time Western faculty, staff, graduate student, and undergraduate students have access to Microsoft Office products through their Office365 email with the Home Use agreement.
Qualifying members are granted the right to run copies of the following software products:
- Microsoft Windows Operating System Upgrade/Downgrade - Computers included in the Campus Agreement must first have a full operating system installed before they are eligible to acquire an upgrade or downgrade license.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus for Windows
- Microsoft Office for Mac
Software included under the Agreement is distributed to qualifying members using one of the following methods:
- Users with desktop computers connected to the SSC Network can install software directly from the SSC Network via the Programs and Features control in Windows Control Panel. Select Install a program from the network to view a list of available software.
- In the case of computers which do not log on to the SSC Network (such as laptops, some computer labs and some desktop computers), software must be installed by Social Science Technology Services (SSTS) personnel or departmental IT staff. These computers must either be connected to the network (not wireless or public wireless) or check in periodically using Western ROAMs for the Microsoft license to remain active.
Work at Home software is available via the MyOffice page. This is the same login used to access your Office 365 email on the web. After you login, choose either Install Office 2016 or Other installs. This program includes the Office products and allows for installation on up to five devices.
Questions regarding the Campus Agreement and how to obtain software can be directed to SSTS (email@example.com).